Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on premise controller doesn't register agents

installed on premise test controller 4.3.0.2 on windows 2012 64 bit server (firewall turned off) i have license.lic with proper account and access key. i prepared machine agent installation from controller ui (with proper controller host/port/account and access key).

after agent installation and run it refuses to register due error:

Encountered error during registration.
com.appdynamics.voltron.rest.client.NonRestException: Method: SimMachinesAgentService#registerMachine(SimMachineMinimalDto) - Result: 401 Unauthorized

i can see that tcp connection from agent to controller has been established on port 8090 (no ssl),

i assured that access key on agent's controller-info.xml is the same as on controller license ..

any hints what should be wrong ?

i can see that controller is trying to reach some external service but fails with error: Communication failure with service (https://api.eum-appdynamics.com/v2/account/an_eum_account/license/terms), even after i had set proxy name/port correctly to enable internet communication of controller... maybe this should be a cause of issue

any hints appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Re: on premise controller doesn't register agents

Dear Ratislav,
Can you confirm that you are talking about a MachineAgent (this is what I can deduce from the error message)?

Did you enable SIM in the controller-info.xml of this agent? <sim>true<sim> (not quite sure from my memory).

If yes, can you confirm you have a valid license for SIM (Server Visibility)?

Let us know.

JB

yes it's machineagent.

no i had not enabled sim functionality, agent has been run without any config change after download (via controller ui).

any help please ? my onprem test license ends 27.4.