cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install controller job using ubuntu

hello all,

I'm trying to install Controller jobs and I get this error.

Task failed: Upload os packages prerequisite validation script on host: smartnet-virtual-machine as user: smartnet with message: Error occurred while performing the file operation: copy java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /home/smartnet/appdynamics/platform/product/controller/check-prerequisite-packages.sh

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

Philip.Rogers
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Abdelrahman.Kazamel-

"AccessDeniedException" looks like it could possibly be a permissions issue on first glance. Make sure you're running the commands as a user with sufficient privileges.

Can you share a bit more about what you've done so far and what you're trying to accomplish? It appears you wish to deploy an on-prem controller.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Platform+Installation+Quick+Start - This "quick start" guide could be of assistance as you go through the process.

A couple options-

Are you attempting to deploy this controller as a trial or under a paid license? If this is a trial, and you're open to trying a SaaS controller instead (trouble free, no controller install/configuration needed), we can get you in touch with an AppDynamics Account Manager to further assist in creating that SaaS trial. 

If this is a paid license on-prem deployment, our support team would be more than happy to assist you to avoid any further frustration with the on-prem controller deployment: https://help.appdynamics.com/hc/en-us/requests/

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hello Philip,

yes i try to install on-prem paid license , i have access till 24-FEB and i need help ,

i try to click help center link but doesn't work , i will send you more details in message

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.