cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting 401 unauthorized error when accessing appdynamics api

hp00475715
Adventurer

Hi Team,

When I am trying to retrive the metrics of my application i am getting 401 unauthorized error

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

How you are trying to retrieve metric data, Are you using REST API? Please refer the following document.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Metric+and+Snapshot+API#MetricandSnapshotAPI-RetrieveMetr...

-Thanks

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Yes I am using REST API

I am trying to access metric-data REST API of my application using postman.

I am giving the REST API, selecting basic authentication, and giving the local user credentials, which I have created, but I am still not able to access the REST api mentioned in the documentation.

I am getting 401 Unauthorized error.

thanks. 

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Make sure user have administrator or account owner permissions and provide the correct account name and use the username in the defined format followed by the password.

Format - username@accountname:password

Alternately you can copy the REST URL open an incognito window and hit the URL for authentication use the same format for username followed by the password.

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 8.40.07 PM.png

-Thanks

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.