cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does App Agent node property values set to 0 do

Stewart.Omand
Voyager

I'm cross checking all our App Server Agent Node Properties in all our environments and I've found some max properties set to 0.  For example.

max-error-snapshots-per-minute=0

The default is 5 for this property but does anyone know what setting this value to 0 will do. Will it stop all error snapshots, or is this effectively no limit?  I believe we're still getting error snapshots so I'm wondering if it  may be the latter. 

3 REPLIES 3

Arun.Dasetty
AppDynamics Team

Hi Stewart, 

We request to set value to less value like 1 or 2 for target node property instead zero(0), setting value to zero will not work as per internal requests observations and is expected 0 is not right value, Hope that answers.

Regards,

Arun

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I wasn't trying to change the number to a low number, what I am wondering is now that I've found a parameter with an invalid value in our configuration what will the agent currenty be doing with this. 

Will this generate an error and the property be missed, or will the agent ignore the errror and use the default value, or is it possible that something else will occur. 

Thanks

Hi,

If you are using recent agent versions, we see invalid args could be ignored though error will raise in agent logs it will not affect agent functionality, However we request to provide any node property values as per values suggested or listed in docs in UI, Hope that answers.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.