cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Swagger API

SOLVED

Using Swagger API

Hi,

Could someone please help accessing swagger controller APIs?

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO42/Access+Swagger+and+Accounts+API

I'm just trying  to follow the above mentioned URL... logged in to the controller with a local user name, tried to access REST API via browser as stated in the doc, however it does not allow me to  use 'GET' , it pops up another authentication window and fails with response code 500 (see attached), if i use the same username, password that i used to access controller UI

However, if i use the same account credentails in a 'CURL' command via CLI, i can execute the command successfully . Wondering how swagger API authentication different.

Please advise

Thanks!

Sundar

Using Swagger API
3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Re: Using Swagger API

Hi Sundarapandian,

Form the attached screenshot we noticed following message "The user is not authorised to access account:81". Could you try to get the your user account id through GET (/accounts/myaccount) refer the attached screenshot and then use the account id returned to get applications (/accounts/{accId}/applications).

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 4.51.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-28 at 4.51.30 PM.png 

Regards,

Pratik

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Pratik,

Thanks for you response, you are correct!, the account id that i see from /account/myaccount is different, i tried with that id and i could GET /accounts/{accId}/applications, however when i tried /accounts/accountinfo it failed with response code 403 (see attached). Any reason?

Regards,

Sundar

Employee

Hi Sundarapandian,

The API "/accounts/accountinfo" is for only for system account. We need to login as root@system with the root user password.Do refer the attached screen for your referance.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.46.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.45.40 PM.png 

Regards,

Pratik

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.