cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Data from Controller

Vaibhav Vir.Singh
Architect

Hi Experts,

I am looking for exporting data from Appdynamics controller for sepcific metric for one application to some other source.

So wanted to know if we have any out-of-box feature available in Appdynamics where data (and not events) could be published?

I know we can extract data using REST API from controller using cron scripts. But am looking for some internal feature where i dont have to do much customization.

Appreciate your help and response.

Regards,

Vaibhav

2 REPLIES 2

Rajesh.Putta
AppDynamics Team

Hi Vaibhav,

Unfortunately there is no internal feature for sending metric data to a different source. The option is what you already thought about it, use REST API with CURL to send data to a different source.

This might not be helpful for this question. But FYI we have some alerting extensions which has a capability of triggering activity on other tools based on Health Rule, Policy violation. 

Thanks

Rajesh

Daniel.Odievich
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Consider using https://github.com/Appdynamics/AppDynamics.DEXTER. It can be scripted to run the extraction for you and present with results without much effort

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.