Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to retrieve REST service response from trial version of AppDynamics SAAS solution

SOLVED

Not able to retrieve REST service response from trial version of AppDynamics SAAS solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to play around with trial version of AppDynamics(SAAS). I'm trying to retrieve the REST srevices data for Dashboards. But it throws 401 (Authorization issue). I've tried with Post man. Could you please let me know if trial version will have access to REST services. If so please help me to do it.

Thanks in Advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Employee

Re: Not able to retrieve REST service response from trial version of AppDynamics SAAS solution

Hi,

Could you please let us know which you are trying to hit and how you are relating it to dashboard and also what credentials (username and password) you are providing. Is the user have administrative access ?

Thanks

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Re: Not able to retrieve REST service response from trial version of AppDynamics SAAS solution

Hello Prathik,

First of all thanks for your reply. 

I have configured SAAS version of AppDynamics. It is a trial version. Logged in to appdynamics.com and copied the URL. I've used this URL for Metric related data/application in POST man. 

For retrieving applications, I've used below URL:

https://tesla201801240308088.saas.appdynamics.com/controller/rest/applications

Http request type: POST

Account: tesla201801240308088

user name : provided appropriate user name

password: provided password.

With the above request parameters, I'm getting 401 unauthorized status. Could you please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Employee

Hi,

Could you please try with below details and let us know how it goes. Please also refer screenshot for your referance.

https://tesla201801240308088.saas.appdynamics.com/controller/rest/applications

Http request type: GET

Account: tesla201801240308088

user name : username@tesla201801240308088

password: password (*******)Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 7.19.48 PM.png

Thanks

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Highlighted

Thanks Pratik for your response.

What username we have to use here? I am trying with my username (subbarao.challagundla@mycompanyxxx.com) used for sign up for the trial version of AppDynamics. 

so I have used as below.

Username : subbarao.challagundla@tesla201801240308088

Password: xxxxxxx 

Authentication type : basic

Http Request Type : GET

Please let me know if am doing something wrong.

AppDynamicsAuthentication.JPG

AppDynamicsRestAPIError.JPG

Employee

We do see its a SAML user because of which you are not able to hit the REST URL. Only LDAP and local AppDynamics user are allowed to hit the REST URL with required permissions. Please try to hit the URL with an existing local user (or create a local user) and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Pratik,

We have made GET request by modifying the user settings to internal AppDynamics user and it works fine. But POST requests are not working. Is there any additional settings to be configured for POST requests.

Thanks in advance.

Employee

Hi,

Its a GET request, please refer below document to check other avaliable API's.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Application+Model+API

Thanks

Thanks Pratik. This really helped me !!!!!!