cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine agent doesn't pass initializing step

George.Smirnoff
Creator

The Machine agent doesn't pass the initializing step and can not associate with any APP agent, even if we define it.

Both agents started and work without mistakes. Logs checked. 

machene_agent.PNGapp_agent.PNG

We specify the uniqueHostId via extra parameter -Dappdynamics.agent.uniqueHostId=ip-10-100-5-177.ec2.AutoML, But it doesn't help us.

What we can do for solving this issue?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

I find the same situation for all the machine agents (.Net default and Standalone Java  MAs) on our controller , everything shows up as INITIALIZING .  All of these work perfectly and are either enabled/disabled.  However they all show on double clicking the serve status of INITIALIZING. 

Does anyone else have a fix/explanation why ? 

Appreciate any help.

thanks

VenkatMA_disable.png

Hi @Venkat.Parvathapu,

I asked around and got this info.

We have seen this before and the INITIALIZING status does not mean that the Machine-Agent is having problems. And this can be ignored as long as you see the metrics.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez ,

Should it actually be showing the server status as  UP/Running instead of initializing ? 

Is this a recent change or going to be fixed going forward ?

thanks

Venkat

Hi @Venkat.Parvathapu,

From what I was told, this is expected behavior, so there is no plan for a fix. As long as metrics are being delivered, there is nothing to worry about. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.