cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument method level calls for .net in controller.

Yogesh.Khati
Creator

I am facing issues while configuring .Net properties in controller. I have a scenario where the same url i.e homepage.aspx is appearing in transaction snapshot multiple times with different counts however many concurrent remote services are being called under the home.aspx page. I want to get method level details but i am unable to configure the same in on premise controller.Please provide the steps for the same at the earliest.

1 REPLY 1

Ashish.Singh
AppDynamics Team

Hi Yogesh

If we understood correctly from the shared details. Under the same page url "homepage.aspx" you are making different remote services Exit calls from different -2 methods inside the same class and you want to collect the method level details on the controller UI.

Could you please verify while making the Remote service Exit call, Are you passing any unique argument as a part of request like header, cookie etc. If yes, you can use that while naming the BT. For example, screenshot attached for your reference. 

If it does not help, you can create individual custom match rule POCO entry point on .Net class/ methods to detect the different BT and collect the BT level details. For reference please refer the following document 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/POCO+Entry+Points

Let us know if it helps or you have any question.

Thanks,

Ashish.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.