Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Websphere MQ not shown on Flow Map for one app, and shown for another

I have a Producer that puts message to IBM MQ queue, both of which are shown on Flow Map. Based on Remote Service Detection this it is correct, because MQ should be automatically discovered by AppDynamics Agent. However, the same queue is not shown on Flow Map for Consumer that takes messages off the same queue.

System info:

Producer, and Consumer: ASP.NET WebAPI, OWIN, hosted as Windows Service

.NET: 4.5.2

IBM Webshere MQ 8

AppDynamics Controller 4.3.8.5

AppDynamics Agent 4.3.8.2

Any idea?

5 REPLIES 5
Architect

Re: IBM Websphere MQ not shown on Flow Map for one app, and shown for another

Is the App that puts the message on the queue shown the consumer flow map?

You may also want to confirm that JMS transaction detection is enabled under Instrumentation > Transaction Detection.

Highlighted

"Is the App that puts the message on the queue shown the consumer flow map?"

Yes, the queue is shown up for Producer that puts messages to the queue. However, the queue is not shown up for Consumer that takes messages off the queue.

"You may also want to confirm that JMS transaction detection is enabled under Instrumentation > Transaction Detection."

Is JMS transaction valid for me? I am using .NET.

Architect

My first question was for the consumer application, is the producer app shown as incoming app on the consumer app or there is no flow at all?

not the JMS queues but the Message Queues, you should check under App > Configuration > Transaction Detection > .NET > Message Queues.

"My first question was for the consumer application, is the producer app shown as incoming app on the consumer app or there is no flow at all?"

I re-organised them. Both Producer and Consumer are shown on Flow Map, but the queue is NOT shown, and no connection between Producer and Consumer.

What should I do to make IBM MQ appear, and connect both Producer and Consumer.

"not the JMS queues but the Message Queues, you should check under App > Configuration > Transaction Detection > .NET > Message Queues."

Do you mean I need to add Rules under Transaction Dectection tab, like on the screenshot attached? If so, can you please provide more info?

Architect

Yes, you have to add rules under the transaction detection tab.

This link may help provide more information.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Transaction+Detection+Rules