Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to login to my local account. Everytime it says, login failed, though i used the same user id password combination few days back

SOLVED
Highlighted

I am unable to login to my local account. Everytime it says, login failed, though i used the same user id password combination few days back

8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: I am unable to login to my local account. Everytime it says, login failed, though i used the same user id password combination few days back

Hi @Abdullah Masoom.Raza

We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles logging in to the Controller.

To assist you with this query quickly, we require further information on the setup, such as the version of the Controller, whether it is a new install or an upgrade, authentication method (SAML or LDAP), and so on.

Once we have this information, we can have someone on the team to look at the issue.

Thank you

Radhika

Thanks,
Radhika P

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Re: I am unable to login to my local account. Everytime it says, login failed, though i used the same user id password combination few days back

Hi Radhika,

It is a SAAS based setup. Our authentication is SAML based. So basically i was able to login with my LAN ID and another admoin ID [Email removed for privacy protection] was locally created on the controller. I am unable to login with this admin ID, LAN ID login is working fine. Let me know if you require more information

Community Manager

Hi @Abdullah Masoom.Raza,

Sorry to hear that you have a problem connecting to the Controller.

Hope you understand that we have two types of user logins: AppDynamics-type and SAML-based.

For SAML user login, you don't need to provide the password in the Controller UI login. Whereas, for an AppDynamics user login, you need to enter the credentials in the UI.  

Have you tried your AppDynamics admin username and password combination on the UI? 

Please let us know how it went.

Thanks,
Radhika P

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Hi Radhika,

Yes i have tried my user ID [Email removed for privacy protection] which is an admin account on Controller UI. On controller UI, i cose local login. I previously was able to login the same way, when i say previously around 2-3 weeks back. I understand SAM based login dont have controller UI and it takes me to my company page wherein i use my LAN ID and password which work. The problem i am facing is with Controller UI login on which my ID is [Email removed for privacy protection]

Community Manager

Hi @Abdullah Masoom.Raza

We would recommend resetting your password.

Hope you still have the Welcome email received from AppDyamics (usually from no-reply@portal.appdynamics.com) in your Inbox. The Welcome email has the complete information on how to reset your credentials.

I can repeat the instructions here for you.

If you are unable to log in or have forgotten password please follow below instructions

• Launch: www.appDynamics.com
  • Click on Forgot Password
  • Input values:
    Account:   <account name>
    User:   <user name>

And submit which will send the password reset link to the registered email

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Radhika P

Hi Radhika,

I already tried the way you mentioned here. While resetting the password it says reset link sent to email address, but i didnt recieved any email for resetting the password

Community Manager

Hi @Abdullah Masoom.Raza

Have you checked your spam / junk folders? Make sure that the email you are referring to is the one you have used to create the AppDynamics account.

Thanks,
Radhika P

Some Controller local accounts are not set up with an email address, or have an invalid email address. If you are not receiving an email notification with instructions to reset your password, it's quite possible your local account has a bad email address associated with it.

Your best bet is to contact the person/people in your company who have controller account owner privileges, and ask that they either reset your password for you, or edit the email address associated with your Controller local user account so that you can receive the password reset email notification.

Unfortunately, due to privacy concerns, we can't share the names/emails of account owners for your company with you.