Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Rest API to get all events for a health rule violation

Adventurer

Using Rest API, I could get a list of health rule violations for an application and also I could get a list of events by type, such as POLICY_OPEN_CRITICAL or Stalled Transactions etc.

Is there any API that can get gather all the fired events for a specific health rule violation ? I understand each violation is essentially composed/updated by a series of events.

I see SAAS Controller UI Heath Rule Violation details window can correlate all the events for that violation and put a timeline for the violation nicely. How does it do that ?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
AppDynamics Team

Re: How to use Rest API to get all events for a health rule violation

Hi,

We understand that you want to fetch the health rule violation events for a specific health rule. As of now, we do not see any way to retrieve data for particular health rule, as this is fetched at the application level only. Let us know if there is any disconnect.

Please go through below documentation for more information. 

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Alert+and+Respond+API#AlertandRespondAPI-RetrieveAllHealt...

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.
AppDynamics Team

Hi,

We understand that you want to retrieve Health rule violation for a specific health rule. As of now, we do not see any way to retrive data for a specific health rules as these are configured at the Application level.

Please let us know if there is any disconnect.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Thanks Yogesh for the reply!

I am wondering how does UI display the details of a health rule violation with timeline ? That is what I want, in order to figure out all the events related to that health rule violation. Any way to get that through API ?

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 10.19.06 AM.png

AppDynamics Team

Hi,

We completely understand your concern here, but as of now, we do not have a way to export hr violations for a specific health rule. You can follow below documentation link to retrieve all HR violations as you are already aware of this.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO43/Alert+and+Respond+API#AlertandRespondAPI-RetrieveAllHealt...

Thanks,

Yogesh