cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate AppDynamics with Jenkins

pdadi1210
Explorer

team,

I am trying to integrate AppDynamics wiith Jenkins, which requires username, password and domain name. I wonder if someone could help me out in knowing my domain name.

3 REPLIES 3

Erin
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hello,

Looking at the AppDynamics plugin documentation on Jenkins, I think "domain" should really be "account". Our Rest API's use username, account, and password for authentication.

Are you using a multi-tenant Controller? If you're using a single-tenant Controller, the account is customer1, which it looks like the Jenkins plugin auto-populates.

This should help clear things up: Controller API authentication

Thanks!

Erin

Hi,

Thanks for immediate response. I have tried the document you have provided it is resulting in Connection with AppDynamics RESTful interface could not be established. I am running single-tenant controller. Do I need to perform any configuration for letting the user access through REST API.

I was able to resolve this after checking all of my configs (username, password, endpoint, and application name). The Jenkins configs looked good but my /etc/resolve.conf was wrong on my linux server. The issue was the DNS servers I was using did not know about *.saas.appdynamics.com. So I made sure I chose nameservers that knew about saas.appdynamics.com. If you are running linux you can run tcpdump/netstat/telnet to better understand the traffic or run wireshark on windows to debug it.