cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know which AppDynamics installer to use? Also question on licensing

Highlighted
Producer

I will be installing a new instance of AppDynamics soon and the deluge of installers is quite a lot.

For licenses I know we have .NET, Databases, and Machine Agents. Should I download and install the Enterprise Console and apply the license from my current version? We are currently on AppDynamics Controller build 4.5.4.6311 and the edition is AppDynamics pro.

So should I just go for the Enterprise Console and after licensing the install the Account usage will unlock?

Additionally our license page states that we are at 4 of 4 for .NET, 1 of 1 for the Database, and 4 of 4 for the Machine Agents. Does that mean we will require a new license or can we deautheticate our backup install and apply the same key to the new install? Or can we just apply the Access Key to the new environment, let it run, and power down the backup environment until we need it?

1 REPLY 1
Producer

Re: How do I know which AppDynamics installer to use? Also question on licensing

Additonally which Windows service is responsible for monitoring and running AppDynamics?