cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I exclude errors and exceptions from detection?

ahmed.zaki
Builder

Hello,
recently I was configuring exceptions and ignore messages guided by this article. I was having the following exception that needs to be ignored
I get the exceptions info from the stack trace was as follows:
SamisWsFault:WebservicesFault:

SamisWSFault:WebServicesFault:.com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesFault <some messages> at
rest of stack trace....

I created three rules to include as follows:
  1- 

class=SamisWsFault:WebservicesFault:
    message=Is not empty

2-

class=SamisWsFault:WebservicesFault:com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesFault

message=Is not empty

3-

class=com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesFault
    message=Is not empty

and also I added the messages I want to ignore in the ignore messages sections but I still see these exceptions keep flooding into my applications and apparently these rules didn't work anyone could help me here where I go wrong.

Thanks in advance

^ Edited by @Ryan.Paredez for readability. This conversation was originally on this TKB article: How do I exclude errors and exceptions from detection? 

2 REPLIES 2

Claudia.Landivar
Community Manager

Hello, @ahmed.zaki 

After some digging, the feedback I've received is that a review of things like debug level logs and error snapshot screen captures would be needed. Thus, could you open a Zendesk case?

My ask for the Community is that you come back and tell us what you learned! 

Kind regards,

Claudia

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi there,

Regarding class=SamisWsFault:WebservicesFault:com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesFault

Are SamisWsFault and WebservicesFault classes? If so, try specifying the full class paths e.g.

xxx.xxxxx.SamisWsFault:xxx.xxxx.WebservicesFault:com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesFault

All of the Exception classes from an error need to be in the colon delimited list. A good way to see them all is in a transaction snapshot-> Slow Calls and Errors -> Errors, rather than the Troubleshoot-> Errors-> Exceptions list which just displays a single error

Mark