Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP request for integrating APPD with ITSM tool

Hello ,

I've a scenario to make an HTTP request from APP'D to trigger an Incident ticket from my inhouse ITSM tool, whenever there is an Healthrule violation happens with some of our critical Business applications.

So i tried creating POST (HTTP request templates) and added JSON payload with predefined variables to interact with my ITSM tool to fill the incident page fields.

Here i need a clarification, should i get any API key of my ITSM tool to include it in APP'D HTTP request . 

I've attached a snapshot of my request which i created.

In Request URL, i've simply mentioned my Internet facing URL of the ITSM as below.

https://***************/FSASCollector/InsertIncidentLog

Is it correct or am i missing anything. 

Because this throws out me an below error msg in configuration test.

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Soundarajan 

5 REPLIES 5
AppDynamics Team

Re: HTTP request for integrating APPD with ITSM tool

A quick search in Google on that error brought up a couple of things, but the reason this error is coming up has to do with certificates.

This KB article might help: https://community.appdynamics.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/knowledge-base/article-id/463

Hi Cody, Thanks much for your reply with Very prompt solute. I'm bit concerned where i should change this flag value., Since its not Java/.net agent configuration . Should i check for this in Controller configuration file or in my ITSM tool config files end too ? Regards, Soundarajan
AppDynamics Team

Hi @soundarajan -- really sorry for my late reply, I was on holiday. Were you able to resolve this? Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question but can find someone who does. Let me know.

Cody

Hi Cody,

Sorry for late reply.

Still i've problem with this usecase.

I still POST http request to our ITSM endpoint and it throws below error.

“sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target”

Could you please provide some help on this.

Regards,

Soundarajan

Highlighted
Builder

Hi,

This happens when the remote SSL cert [CA certificate of your ITSM tool] is not in the trust store of the controller. If it's an on-premise controller you can import the cert into the Java trust store to solve the issue.

If you are on SAAS controller, get in touch with the support they can import the cert on your controller. I have seen Appd support to be pretty good at this.