cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Template Testing Error

timtayl
Builder

Howdy,

I am testing a variety of ways to react to health rule violations using HTTP Templates and requests.  I've tried sending requests directly to Cisco Spark Message rooms without any problems.

However, when I tried a new HTTP Template to another webserver, I get the following failure and error when trying to test in on SAAS:httptemplatetesterror.png

I tried the same request via an iOS app that I created as a test harness and it is working fine.

I'm wondering if it is because the webserver is using a certificate issued by "Lets Encrypt"?

Thanks

Tim

14 REPLIES 14

Saradhi.Potharaju
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Tim,

This is currently going through security review. As this needs a controller restart after import, and as this controller hosts other accounts we would need to coordinate a downtime as well. Will keep you posted.

Regards,
Saradhi

Saradhi.Potharaju

Hi Tim, 

Apologies for the delay. This is still going through security review. I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Saradhi

Saradhi.Potharaju

Hi Tim,

Security team approved importing the certificates. OPS team is working on importing the certs but it will take some more days (no ETA yet) as a downtime needs to be planned for Controller Java to pick up the new certs from the truststore.

Regards,
Saradhi

Hi Tim,

The certificates are imported to the trusstore. So the test run for HTTP request template should now succeed. 

But when you actually call the request template as part of action, you would still see the same exception because Controller appserver is not restarted yet. OPS team is working on coordinating a downtime.

Regards,
Saradhi

Hi,

I am facing some similar issue but unlike the Error Message that Tim got, my Error Message is blank and yet the test is failing. Could you please help me with the same?

Thanks in advance!