cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable TLS 1.1 in Reporting Server

Greetings,

I need to disable TLSv1.1 from our setup. I was able to follow the documentation about doing so for the Controller server. However, there seem to be no reference for the reporting service. 

I need your help to guide me on how to disable it. 

FYI: both services are installed on the same host. So, if HTTPS is not needed to communicate with the Controller, I can go ahead and disable it from the reporting service. 

4 REPLIES 4

Hello ,

It can be closed via load balancer(F5).

Tls I closed it this way. If this method is not preferred, it can be closed with java configuration.

java.security file, add TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 to the existing value of the property jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms "jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms = SSLv2Hello, SSLv3, TLSv1, TLSv1.1"

You should check application access when closed via java

Haluk,

The load balancer is not an option, because security scanning is done inside the server. 

As for JAVA option, which script calls the startup of the reporting server, so I can add this portion. 

We previously have done the below for WebLogic

-Dweblogic.security.SSL.protocolVersion=TLS1.2 -Dweblogic.security.SSL.minimumProtocolVersion=TLSv1.2

I have just fixed it. Here is how

CD into {app_dyn_installation_folder}/Controller/reporting_service/reports/lib/server/

Add the blue text to server.js and ReportServer.js as follows:

secureOptions: constants.SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3 | constants.SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2 | constants.SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 | constants.SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1_1 ,

Yes, it can be done in this way, but different problems do not occur? If it happens, I would like you to share it.

I also faced problems that I closed in java before. Controller was resolved after the upgrade.