Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Metrics not getting sent to controller

Highlighted

I'm trying to send some custom metrics to Appdynamics controller. I have a machine agent installed locally. Under /monitors I created a new directory and added in a shell script and monitor.xml in that directory. The shell script is for testing and I am just echoing "name=Custom Metrics | ZONE1 | WARN, value=1, aggregator=AVERAGE, time-rollup=AVERAGE, cluster-rollup=COLLECTIVE" In the monitor.xml I have made the execution-style to be 'continuous'.

The script is in a loop as well.

while true
do
echo "name=Custom Metrics | ZONE1 | WARN, value=1, aggregator=AVERAGE, time-rollup=AVERAGE, cluster-rollup=COLLECTIVE"
sleep 60
done

But I don't see this sent to the Appdynamics controller. Appdynamics doc says "After restarting the Standalone Machine Agent, you should see following message in your log file: Executing script [script]] on the console to make sure your changes work with the machine agent"

I don't see this message when the agent is restarted, nor do I see the script running when I do a ps aux. Any pointers would be helpful. I'm doing a trial for my company and the account I have is a trial version. Not sure if it's a trial restriction?

Agent Details:

Using Java Version [1.8.0_162] for Agent Using Agent Version [Machine Agent v4.5.9.2096 GA compatible with 4.4.1.0 Build Date 2019-03-19 19:13:12]

Tags (1)