cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current logon users on AppDynamics console

nilesh.gade
Producer

Hi Team,

How to check Current logon users on AppDynamics console.

Regards,

Nilesh

4 REPLIES 4

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Nilesh,

Currently, there is no provision to check the currently logged in users through controller UI or API.

Though we register user login under controller_audit table. We can get who logged in to the controller for a time frame.

Following query will list out the users logged in to controller in last one hour -

SQL>select user_name,FROM_UNIXTIME(ts_ms/1000, '%Y %D %M %h:%i:%s') as login_time from controller_audit where action = 'LOGIN' and ts_ms > (select max(ts_ms) - 1000*60*60*1 from controller_audit);

-Thanks

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi @Pratik.Maskey,

Is the method you suggested applicable for a SAAS controller as well? Or is it there only for on-premises controller.

Pratik.Maskey
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi,

The suggestion is only applicable for on-prem controller and not for SaaS controllers. For SaaS controller, we are still dependent on the audit report which shows the login and logout action if the user clicks on logout action.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Reports#Reports-ScheduledReports

-Thanks

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi @Pratik.Maskey,

I went through the documentation and I need to download the report only mentioning the user login and logout detail, but it mentions only one way to do it, that is, to go to On-Demand Reports tab, but there it asks to select an application. Can you provide some more specific info on how to extract only user log-in data from the reports?

Thanks