cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the from email address on the alerts, be changed to something meaningful

annamalai_subbiah
New Poster

Currently the email alerts, on the system health comes from appdynamics@paidxxxxxx.saas.appdynamics.com. The same email from address for all envs. We have several environememts it will be easy to have the address as  asappdynamics_qa@paidxxxxxx.saas.appdynamics.com, appdynamics_dev@paidxxxxxx.saas.appdynamics.com, appdynamics_perf@paidxxxxxx.saas.appdynamics.com. That way we cn quickly identify the environemnts on our inboxes. 

Thanks.

AS
4 REPLIES 4

Atyuha.Pal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Annamalai,

You can Customize sender address in notifications emails in the From Address field. By default, emails are sent by the root Controller user. 

While logged in as an administrator, click Alert & Respond from the top navigation menu bar and then Email/ SMS Configuration.

Please refer to the below attached screenshot for reference.

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Although the proposed solution changes the from email for all apps and services under that account. Is there an option for changing the from email address for each application/ servicces that are monitored?

AS

Hi,

Could you please select an application first and click alert and respond to configure the email accordingly.

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Atyuha

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi,

Although my query is not the same, but in same lines with this.

I want to understand why the name format is changed to appdynamics@pdx-x-xxxxx.saas.appdynamics.com

Earlier we used to have a generic id, but now it doesn't work with that. i.e. the sender's address remains this even if we try to provide a valid email address.

Can you help put some light on it pls. If there is another thread with this discussion, please route me to that.

Thanks & much help,

Deepika