cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices for migrating from On Premise to Saas?

Rosyland.Dambala
Wanderer

Hi Team,

We are having our applications being reported to on Premise Controller. Now we want to migrate from On premise to Saas solution. Please suggest us the pre requisities for migrating from onpremise to Saas.

As we are having huge no. of applications(more than 100) reporting to the controller, do we need to migrate in different phases or can we do all at one time?

Regards,

Rosy.

6 REPLIES 6

Sneha.Singh
Explorer

Hello,

I want to migrate controller from on-premise to SaaS, while migrating controller please let me know the steps to follow.

I also need to migrate the existing controller data as well to SaaS.

Thanks

Sneha Singh

Soumya.Sarkar
Explorer

Hi,

How I can migrate AppDynamics from On-Premise to SAAS?

Hello all,

It's best to reach out to your AppD Rep for this matter. There can be a lot of nuances about how and what needs to be moved. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi,

Can you please give me some contact point which whom I can discuss regarding migrating AppDynamics from On-Premise to SAAS?

Philip.Rogers
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Soumya,

As Ryan mentioned, it is best to first reach out directly to your AppDynamics Account Manager (sales rep). There are some nuances with SaaS migrations and they can put you in touch with the correct resources.

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Ashok Kumar.Sharma
AppDynamics Team

Replying for any future references to the question above.

Hi,

Questions on on-prem to SaaS migration of AppDynamics is often asked as SaaS offering comes coupled with the benefits of cloud. Also, certain features such as Cognition Engine, SecureApp (RASP tool for your application) are offered on SaaS only today. The migration to AppDynamics SaaS is a tailor made approach in context with business and IT priorities. This would require an expert hand-holding with the AppDynamics team.

The process essentially involves

1. Understanding business and IT landscape.
  2. Defining priorities in deliveries
  3. Ensuring configuration and customisation migration to SaaS
  4. Identifying schedule for move
  5. Test and validation post migration

I more than glad to assist you and have the right team support your journey. Do reach out if you are contemplating migration to AppDynamics SaaS, by replying to this post.

Ashok Sharma

AppDynamics, Senior SE