cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Role and Group Creation

Nishant.Kumar
Builder

Hi All, I was looking to create Appdynamics Groups and Role automatically by a job depending on the application Name. i was disappointed to see no REST API is available to update the custom role. But , I do recall using role creation based on a script in my previous org. What happened did that API is restricted now and why ? Thanks, Nishant kumar

10 REPLIES 10

Yogesh.Chouk
AppDynamics Team

Hi Nishant,

Please go through the below documentation and let me know if it helps.

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/RBAC+API#RBACAPI-CreateGroup

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/RBAC+API#RBACAPI-CreateRole

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Yogesh,

I know i can create a role. But can i add custom setting to the role .Like give view or edit access to one specific applications for the role i created with this REST API ?

Hi,

Currently this is not supported, we do have an internal request which take care of this, but as of now there is no ETA. 

Thanks,

Yogesh

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Was it possible in the previous versions? As i remember using it to create roles befor RBAC was introduced

Thanks,

Nishant kumar

What priority will this change to create an API for role group creation and amendment be given?

It will add manual steps to the CI/CD pipeline without an API to automate it?

Similar for allocation of licenses / license rules.

Thank you.

Is there an update on this api feature and how do we track the internal request for this feature?

Vaibhav Vir.Singh
Architect

Don't know if there is any upvote option available - but this is really our ask.

Is there any Community Manger ? Can we have this feature include in Product backlog and provide more traction?

Regards,

VVS

Are we having any community manager or active appd users checking our comments?

Just wanted to check if AppD is thinking to work on this?

We also wanted to retireve the custom permissions data which is not feasible as if now.

I believe Managing roles and Permissions via API should be flexible enough and not sure why this has not been prioritized even after been discussed for so long.