cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppD Comparability with Oracle Linux

Manu.Jose
Voyager

The components of the appdynamics (Controller/Event Service/EUM) Can be Installed on Oracle linux? Will there be any compatability issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

According to the documented Platform Requirements, the following Linux systems are tested and supported: 

• RHEL 6.x and 7.x
  • CentOS 6 and 7
  • Ubuntu 14 and 16
  • SUSE 12

Similar Linux variants are likely to work but are untested, so we recommend deploying the AppDynamics Platform to one of these.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Thank you for your support.

Brian.Wheeldon
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi Manu,

Even though Oracle Linux is probably 99.9% compatible with the tested, supported Linux systems, I can't in good conscience recommend that you plan a Production deployment on this OS because:

- there is a burden of additional testing on your team to prove it works

- there is a risk that if you open a Support case related to any problem that could be related to the OS including compatibility, resources, or performance, they may ask you to reproduce the problem on a supported OS

If none of the supported Linux variants are available to your customer, my recommendation is to leverage the AppDynamics SaaS environment for the platform. This will provide:

- fully supported infrastructure managed by experts

- automatic maintainance and upgrades

- access to the latest features 

- huge scalability on demand

For these reasons, my most successful customers are those that leverage AppDynamics SaaS.

Security concerns about performance data residing in SaaS is mitigated by SOC 2 compliance, role-based access control with support for LDAP and SAML, and data encryption at rest and in flight.

Regards,

Brian Wheeldon, Solution Engineer, NYC

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.