Controller (SaaS, On Premise)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for migrating a Controller to a new machine? (Windows)

Wanderer

Hello! I am running 4.2.15 on my existing Controller running on Win 2K8. It is working flawlessly but we have a divestiture plan so we must get off of the old box.

Originally, I thought we could use the HA pair trick to migrate from my old box to the new one, but it looks like that article is for version 4.4.

At some point, someone from AppDynamics advised installing the same version on the new Controller, migrating, and then upgrading to the new version.

It looks like the old way of migrating, which I assume I have to do, requires a lot of manual steps, like directly copying DBs and what-not. 

Does anyone have advice on which way would be preferable? Doing the manual migration to the new box (I already have 4.2.15 running on the new Win 2K16 machine) or trying to update the old Controller and "migrate" by adding the new 2K16 Controller to the pair? Can I even have a 2K8 and 2K16 box in the same HA pair? Just speculating here, but maybe that is why someone thought we should migrate the old fashioned way.

Thanks for the help.