Click the Start a free trial link to start a 15-day SaaS trial of our product and join our community as a trial user. If you are an existing customer do not start a free trial.
AppDynamics customers and established members should click the sign in button to authenticate.
Hello, we're interested in sending our mule application logs to appdynamics. Our deployment is on cloudhub. Could you please let us know if there is an available log4j appender or any other option that we can utilize for this purpose? We appreciate your assistance in advance.
Welcome to Cloud Native Application Observability Forum.
Please check Log Collection (License is based on ingestion rate) for log collection:
You will have to deploy log collector
AppDynamics Cloud Licensing
While reviewing the provided links, I share my concern about the limitations of CloudHub as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that restricts the installation of additional components. Considering this, an alternative approach is to utilize a log4j appender. By configuring the log4j appender within our MuleSoft application, we can direct the logs to the desired destination, such as AppDynamics. This approach avoids the need for installing a log collector on CloudHub. is there any appender exist that we can utilize?
I found a post regarding this on mulesoft community sharing that as well.
Couple of questions for clarification:
1) Are you using AppDynamics SaaS or AppDynamics Cloud ? This is important as it would decide next steps.
2) Do you want to send the logs from applications deployed on CloudHub to AppDynamics for analysis like say Splunk? Log Analysis feature is present in AppD SaaS but it also need agent installation
3) If you are looking to send agent logs using appender, here is helpful link
we are using appdynamic saas and agreed approach is below
1. we will deploy the machine agent over AWS
2. Our apps will send logs to machine agent over tcp using tcp log4j appender
3. Machine agent will forward logs to Controller.
We are currently at step two and trying to figure out how to send logs to machine agent over tcp?
Hi @swatantra.chouhan ,
Unfortunately, you can't send logs to SaaS controller using machine agent. You can use Log analytics feature to send logs for analysis to SaaS controller but it needs agent installaion.