cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AppDynamics support Alibaba Cloud?

SaiKumar.Bacha
Explorer

We have a bespoke application coded in Java Spring Boot, hosted on Alibaba Cloud using ACK (Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes), and currently monitored with Alicloud ARM (Alibaba Cloud Application Real-Time Monitoring Service). We are now exploring if AppDynamics can provide monitoring capabilities for this application hosted on Alibaba Cloud. If anyone has experience or information regarding AppDynamics' compatibility with Alibaba Cloud, we would appreciate your guidance, suggestions, and any relevant documentation that can help us in our evaluation process. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @SaiKumar.Bacha,

Thanks for asking your question on Community. I was asking around and here is what I heard.

If you are just needing to monitor APM, you should be able to use our Java agent or leverage Otel to get some metrics. If you are looking to monitor cloud K8s events and metrics, then we would not be able to.

You can also use the Contact Us form to get in touch with someone from Sales: https://www.appdynamics.com/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Hi @Ryan.Paredez , Thanks for your response. Can we use AppDynamics Cluster Agent to monitor ACK(Container Service for Kubernetes) Clusters on Alibaba Cloud?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @SaiKumar.Bacha,

I heard back and it seems no it's not possible. https://docs.appdynamics.com/appd/22.x/latest/en/infrastructure-visibility/monitor-kubernetes-with-t...

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.