cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARN Analytics - Thread local string builder is not empty.

Teja.Tatini
Maker

Hi,

I am trying to understand the below log written for the analytics data . What does this mean exactly? Do I loose any transactions data or metrics.

[AD Thread Pool-Global797] 24 May 2017 02:32:09,230  WARN Analytics - Thread local string builder is not empty. This is probably because of lingering data from a previous transaction. Old data will be wiped clean

Thanks in advance !!

Thanks,

teja

3 REPLIES 3

Chitra.Lal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Teja,

Is yours a .Net application? This warning message occurs when sending data to Analytics (its caused by analytics not being supported for .NET async) and so if unlikely to be stopping BT's registering with the controller for the .Net APM side. This is a known issue in the .NET agent logging and is addressed in 4.3.0 of the .NET agent, so if you use 4.3.x version of agents, this should be gone.  The message itself is harmless though. 

Let me know in case you have any queries.

Thanks,
Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Hi Chitra,

Ours is  Java application  and the agent version is 4.2.10. So , Do I need to worry about this logging in java APM , because I am seeing few transactions are not getting detected by appDynamics. 

Hi Teja,

I don't think this should directly be concerning for bts not getting registered, but we need to check the egant logs to see what exactly is the problem behind this. There can be multiple other factors that need to be checked for a JAVA bt not being detected, like

- We need to check if its OOTB detected? OR you need to create a custom entry point for that

- Is it that you have a BT overflow being observed? Because if there is a bt overflow no new bts are registered untill you bring the count back under limits.

- There can be many other scenarios like if your bt(that you are expecting to see) is being dropped due to some exclude rules you may have in place plus much more that needs to be diagnosed and rectified accordingly.

Better option would be that you open a support ticket for this and the concerned team shall help you troubleshoot this and get this resolved.

Thanks,

Chitra 

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.