cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funnel Widget vs Business Journey

Hello everyone,

Which is better to showcase critical business data? Funnel or business journey? Can someone please explain the differences with an example. 

Thanks,

Sravan

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Sravan .Sukhavasi,

This is a great question, thanks for asking it on the Community. I think this question would be best answered by the community, I wanted to share some AppD Documentation that you can digest in the meantime. 

Funnel Widget: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Visualize+Analytics+Data

Business Journey: https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Business+Journeys

If you do happen to learn anything or make a decision, please share that knowledge back on this post. It helps close the loop and grow the knowledge sharing in the community.

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

This documentation is not helpful. I need a clear explanation with a use case scenario or example. 

Thanks,

Sravan. 

Hi @Sravan .Sukhavasi,

Thanks for letting me know. Let's see if the community can jump in and share some of their examples. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Sebastian.Perna
Builder

Did you have any updates on this?

I use funnels for getting the ratio of users that drop our process.

But I am sitll wondering which is the best use case for business journey

I use business journeys  to track the progress of service tickets through out their lifecycle across multiple systems. The most important thing to note is that you need a primary key to track the each step of the life cycle.

DudleyWood_0-1637823020954.png

I can then filter the journey on a number of levels and create ELM's which have a series of filters to check weather a specific SLA is being met.Screenshot 2021-11-25 091131.png