cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics configuration - transaction analytics - > choose application drop down is empty ? causes ?

Venkat.Parvathapu
AppDynamics Team

Hi ,

I enabled analytics agent in a host with .NET app agent, I see the analytics as enabled and healthy, however, in analytics configuration -> transaction analytics choose application -> dropdown is empty. I am not able to enable the analytics as the list is empty.

The environement other wise is as follows :

1. .NET application agent running on host and reporting to the applications (selected from IIS)

2. the agnets-> analytics agent tab shows the analytics agnet as healthy

3. the BT window shows several BT calls happening. Load is generated / running through the application.

Any idea why the drop down on transaction analytics would be empty ?

please help.

thanks

Ven

4 REPLIES 4

Chitra.Lal
AppDynamics Team

Hi Venkat,

Did you check if you have required permisisons to enable Analytics? You need to have Analytics Administrator role for configuring analytics, see here:
https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO45/Business+iQ+Analytics+Permissions 

Can you please check and verify this once. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Thank You,

Chitra

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Radhika.Puthiyetath
AppDynamics Team (Retired)

Hi @Venkat.Parvathapu

Were you able to figure out why the application drop-down is empty?

Hope @Chitra.Lal suggestion was helpful. Let us know how it went.

If you have found another way to solve, please share with the community so others can use it.

What was the solution?

Ryan.Paredez
Community Manager

Hi @Paul.Mateos  given this post is from 2018, it's unlikely anyone is going to reply to this. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.