cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytic service is unavailable

deepanshu.arya
Creator

Hi,

We have installed the AppD 4.4 & event service and EUM on different hosts, now we are getting the error that analytic service is unavailable status code error 401.

Please help.

19 REPLIES 19

Mohammed.Rayan
AppDynamics Team

Deepanshu,

You need to make sure the keys are matching 

Refer the below doc link

https://docs.appdynamics.com/display/PRO44/Connect+to+the+Events+Service#ConnecttotheEventsService-e...

Follow the below steps to fix this.

Copy the value of “appdynamics.es.eum.key" from admin console controller's settings.

Then make sure the copied value is set in the below properties file. if not, Please update the same and restart events-service followed by eum server

<EUM_HOME>/bin/eum.properties -> analytics.accountAccessKey
<ES_HOME>/conf/events-service-api-store .properties ---> ad.accountmanager.key.eum

Bottom line is that the key must match at all three places

analytics.accountAccessKey == ad.accountmanager.key.eum ==appdynamics.es.eum.key

Regards,
Mohammed Rayan

analytics.accountAccessKey == ad.accountmanager.key.eum ==appdynamics.es.eum.key

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.
Liked something? Click the Thumbs Up button.

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have verified that my key matches in all three places.

Here is a screen cap of the error I am seeing in browser rum:

Hi,

I'm have this issue as well. The key matches in all three places but still got 401 error. How do you resolve this?

Hendra,

Can you check if there's any trailing/whitespace exist in any of the properties file.

I would suggest you to delete the value and type it manually and then verify

Make the changes to events-service first and restart it followed by eum server

Hope this helps

Regards,

Mohammed Rayan

Found something helpful? Click the Accept as Solution button to help others find answers faster.

I've solved the issue by restarting all appdynamics controller and components.

Thanks

Hi, I am experiencing this 401 issue.
I have verified that my key matches in all three places & verified that there are no trailing/whitespace in the key.
I have controller & EUM server on the same node and Event Service on different node.
In eum-processor.log I get an error "com.appdynamics.eum.rest.exception.ApiException: Resource Timing is not enabled for..."

The software version that I use:
Controller Version: 4.5.11.2
Event Service Version: 4.5.2.20201
EUM Server Version: 4.5.12.28810

Any ideas to fix this problem?
Thank you.

Hi @Febriyanto Eko.Prasetya  did you try restarting the the controller and components like @hendra.tommy  did?

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.

Yes, but that doesn’t help.

Thanks for trying that out. 

@Mohammed.Rayan do you think you can jump back in here and help @Febriyanto Eko.Prasetya out please. 

Thanks,

Ryan, Cisco AppDynamics Community Manager

Check out Observabiity in Action

new deep dive videos weekly in the Knowledge Base.