Archive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with API

Problem with API

I am attempting to access Application configurations through the API for the purpose of checking the monitoring level to see if it is in development mode. What is the best way to go about doing this? I am not finding any good endpoints within the API.

Problem with API
4 REPLIES
Employee

Re: Problem with API

Hi,

Apart from checking from Configuration screen in UI , we do not locate any REST API or other as such that will give status monitoring level , Hope that answers your query, we can hit URI /controller/#/location=APP_CONFIGURATION_HOME&timeRange=last_15_minutes.BEFORE_NOW.-1.-1.15&application=18 

where 18 is your application id, but this is same UI that will redirect to Controller UI

screen1.png

Akumar, 

Thank you for your quick and detailed response. Do you know where the monitoring level gets saved? Does it save the monitoring level in a database?

Tags (2)
Employee

Hi,

Please find the query details below:

shell> cd <Controller_install_dir>/bin

shell> controller.bat/sh login-db

mysql> select id,instrumentation_level from application_configuration \G;

Highlighted

That worked! This is the SQL statement we executed for application name and monitoring level. 

select name,instrumentation_level from application,application_configuration where application.id=application_configuration.id and instrumentation_level="DEVELOPMENT";

I was not aware but instrumentaiton_level and monitoring level are synonymous.