gah
New Contributor

Re: Health rule to detect when machine agents are not reporting

[ Edited ]

OK, so this was actually quite easy. See screenshots.

agent_avail1.PNG

agent_avail2.PNG

agent_avail3.PNG

gah
New Contributor

Hi. 

I too need to create a alert like this.

The Application Infrastructure Performance|TierName|Agent|App|Availability is great to use if you want to monitor a specific Tier, but I have about 50 Tiers and growing, so I don't want to manually create and maintain this rule.

Anyone got a tip? I t would be great to be able to use a wildcard or something.

New Contributor

Hello, I'm facing the issue, even though i've applied health rules to one node only.

New Contributor

We just had this setup last week at our shop. There is a metric in the metric browser that reports a 1 if the agent is available.  This metric exists for both machine and app agents.  Just set up a health rule that alerts if this metric is less than 1.

Application Infrastructure Performance|APP.AvailableLoads|Agent|Machine|Availability

You can set it up by node or tier, depending on how you want to be alerted.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

Health rule to detect when machine agents are not reporting

I have an application that is configured for machine agents monitoring only. There are 4 nodes in this application.  The machine agents are reporting back to the controller for the application.

Currently all 4 machine agents are down, no metrics are available and all health rules are green.  I want to build a health rule that goes into error because 50% of the nodes are not reporting any details. 

Suggestions?