How can I view and modify assigned users in AppDynamics University?
You can assign users to and remove users from a Premium University or Multi-User University voucher seat in the Account Management Portal’s University Subscriptions page (http://accounts.appdynamics.com/university-subscriptions).
Learn how to manage all your Account Management Portal Entitlements here.
To view which users are assigned to your purchased University subscription(s):
- Navigate to accounts.appdynamics.com/university-subscriptions.
- You will see a list of all the AppDynamics Education products available in your organization. For the desired voucher, select the link showing the number of user seats activated.
- The voucher page loads, where you can see (a) the number of users assigned to the voucher out of the total seats available on the voucher; (b) the number of seat assignments remaining, after any swaps; (c) the list of users assigned to the voucher.
To assign users to a voucher seat:
- Click Assign Users.
- Enter the user’s email address.
- Click Save.
Note that you can only assign voucher seats to users who have activated their AppDynamics account.
After you add each user, they will receive a Welcome email explaining how to get started with AppDynamics University.
To remove users from a voucher seat:
- Check the box for the user(s) you would like to remove, then click the Remove Users button.
- When the confirmation dialog box appears, click the Remove Users button to confirm. The seat is made available for you to assign to another user.
After you remove a user from a voucher, the number of seats occupied will decrease. However, the number of seat assignments remaining will not change; this value represents the number of swaps you have remaining on the voucher.
What does the users’ status mean?
The Status indicates whether the user has activated their AppDynamics account. Only users with an “Active” status can be assigned to University voucher seats.
Standard and/or Enterprise University Subscriptions
Standard and Enterprise University are automatically assigned to users of your organization once a Company Admin adds them to the account.
If your company uses SAML for Account Management Portal authentication, your users may be able to self-register for their Standard University subscription. Read more in this announcement.
After being added to the account, users will receive an email directing them to activate their account.
Users must activate their account in order to log in AppDynamics University, then they can access the courses included with their subscription.
Enterprise University subscriptions are no longer available for purchase as of the end of the calendar year 2020. Customers who have active Enterprise University subscriptions will still have unlimited access to premium self-paced courses and the 50 Premium University seats until the subscription expiration date.