AppD University

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-service University Subscription Management

As a Company Administrator, how can I manage my University resources?

As the Company Administrator for your organization, would you like to know what AppDynamics University products your company holds?  Or how many Premium seats are being used and who those seats are assigned to? Learn how you will be able to manage your AppDynamics University subscriptions on accounts.appdynamics.com/resources!  

Table of Contents

Who can assign users to a voucher?

Only users with the Company Administrator role have the ability to allocate user accounts and view and assign Premium University and 12-User Education subscription vouchers. If your company has a Standard or Enterprise subscription, all registered users in your company account will have access to their subscription when logging into UniversityExpired Education resources will be displayed in grayed-out text and unassignable.

Can I assign another user in my organization to manage the vouchers?

Yes, Company Admins can assign another user as a Company Admin if needed. Follow the steps outlined under How do I edit users in my account in our Knowledge Base article on How do I manage accounts.appdynamics.com users as an Admin?

How do I view or assign users to my Premium University or 12-User Education subscription?

View who is utilizing your purchased University subscription(s) by following the steps below: 

1. Navigate to accounts.appdynamics.com/resources.
  2. Under the Education section, Company Admins can see which AppDynamics Education products are available to their organization.
  3. Click on the link of utilized seats under the Voucher Code to assign users and see who has already been assigned to the Premium University or 12-User Education subscription.
    Click the seats activated link under the Voucher Code to manage users for your Premium University or 12-User Education subscriptionClick the seats activated link under the Voucher Code to manage users for your Premium University or 12-User Education subscription
  4. Assign users to a Premium University subscription by following the steps shown below:
    Example for assigning a user to Premium University Subscription: Click the Assign Users" button, add the new user's email in the popup field, then click SaveExample for assigning a user to Premium University Subscription: Click the Assign Users" button, add the new user's email in the popup field, then click Save
  5. After clicking Save, each new user will receive a Welcome email on how to get started with AppDynamics University.

How do I add a new user to User Management? 

Follow the instructions outlined under How do I add users to my company account?

What does the users’ status mean? 

At this time, the user status displayed for assigned Premium University and 12-User Education subscription matches the user’s status reflected in the User Management page and is not specific to the University subscription status.  If the status shows a “Pending” state, this means the user has not completed their AppDynamics account and logged in.

What other information is shown for my Premium University or 12-User Education Subscriptions? 

On the Date Last Active column, you can see the user’s last login date to AppDynamics University. For more detailed training activity reports, please reach out to education@appdynamics.com with your request.

Find the user’s last login date to AppDynamics University under Date Last Active. A blank field indicates the user has been assigned to the subscription but has not yet logged in to UniversityFind the user’s last login date to AppDynamics University under Date Last Active. A blank field indicates the user has been assigned to the subscription but has not yet logged in to University

How do I view or assign users to my Standard and/or Enterprise University subscriptions?

Standard and Enterprise University are automatically assigned to users of your organization. Users can simply log in to their account at  AppDynamics University to access the courses included with their subscription.

Note: Users need to be associated with your company account before they can be granted University access. Check Accounts -> User Management to verify users' association with your company account. If this is a new concept for you, see How do I find users in my company account? 

Enterprise University subscriptions are no longer available for purchase as of the end of the calendar year 2020. Customers who have active Enterprise University subscriptions will still have unlimited access to premium self-paced courses and the 50 Premium University seats until the subscription expiration date. 

To get usage information for your Standard and Enterprise subscriptions, please reach out to education@appdynamics.com. We’re planning to make this information available for customers soon!

What about Exam Vouchers, Workshop Vouchers, or Private Training days?  

All purchased Education resources will be displayed in accounts.appdynamics.com/resources. Exam Vouchers, Workshop Vouchers, and Private Instructor Days cannot be assignable at this time. 

• Exam Vouchers are redeemed at the time of exam registration. More information on AppDynamics Certifications can be found on our AppDynamics Certifications Page.
  • Workshop Vouchers are redeemed at the time of scheduling a session after filling out this form.
  • Private Instructor Days can be requested via this form.

— Watch this space for updates! —

How do I remove a user from a voucher? 

For Premium University and 12-User Education subscriptions, please contact Education to remove or re-assign a user for you.

For Standard University and Enterprise University subscriptions, a Company Admin will need to disable the user from their account if they're no longer with the company. More information can be found here.

How do I view the University subscriptions I’m assigned to if I’m not a Company Admin?

You can check if you have University subscription access in My Profile under the Assigned Resources section. All AppDynamics customers have access to a Standard University subscription. You can access your subscription by signing into University.

If you’re looking for access to a Premium University subscription, contact your AppDynamics Company Admin to gain access.
Look for your University Premium Subscription under Personal Summary, Assigned ResourcesLook for your University Premium Subscription under Personal Summary, Assigned Resources

Is there a way to rename the Voucher Code? 

Yes, Company Admins can rename vouchers! To customize your Voucher Code to an Alias, click on the pencil icon to rename your Voucher Code (shown below). Please note, if you add an alias it will replace the Voucher Code.

Example for editing a 12-User Education Subscription Voucher Alias: Click the pencil icon, type in your Voucher Alias, then click SaveExample for editing a 12-User Education Subscription Voucher Alias: Click the pencil icon, type in your Voucher Alias, then click Save

How do I get more support regarding my AppDynamics University Vouchers?

As shown in the screenshot below, click on Contact University Team to submit an inquiry form that connects you to our operations team. You can also contact education@appdynamics.com directly if you have additional questions about your Education resources. 

Click the kebab menu on the top right to contact the University TeamClick the kebab menu on the top right to contact the University Team

Tell us what you think! Share your questions and comments, below.

Updated 10/12/2020

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎10-15-2020 07:36 AM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors
0 Kudos