What do I need to know about navigating AppDynamics University?
This article answers frequently asked questions about the different training options available in University, how to find them, how to enroll in them, and how to get help if you have a problem.
In this article:
What different types of learning activities can I enroll in?
Depending on your subscription type, there are a variety of learning activities you can enroll in:
- Learning Plans by Product: Collections of all the University content related to an AppDynamics product or feature.
- Learning Plans by Role: Recommended learning to support you in performing the duties associated with your role. Earn Credly badges for completing certain role-based learning plans. Read more here.
- Self-paced Courses: Our extensive self-paced library offers simulation-based interactive short topics covering introductory to advanced AppDynamics concepts and techniques.
- Virtual Instructor-led Courses: Scheduled classes led by a live instructor in a virtual setting walk you through critical AppDynamics concepts and techniques, with plenty of time to practice in a live lab environment.
- Certification Exams: Achieve formal recognition that you have demonstrated knowledge and proficiency to perform specific jobs or tasks related to AppDynamics.
See How to register for and access AppDynamics certification exams for more information.
How can I find courses in University? Can I see a Calendar of courses?
See Locating Courses and Viewing the Calendar in AppDynamics University.
How do I enroll in courses?
Once you’ve activated your AppDynamics account you can log in to University here.
- If you have a Standard University or Enterprise University subscription, you can enroll in any of our standard self-paced courses. To sign up for a self-paced course, simply click on the course card, then click Enroll.
- If you have a Premium University or Multi-user subscription, you have access to both premium self-paced courses and public instructor-led courses. To register for an instructor-led course, click on the course card, select a session at a time that best suits you, then click Enroll.
Enterprise University subscriptions are no longer available for purchase as of the end of the calendar year 2020. Customers who have active Enterprise University subscriptions will still have access to standard and premium self-paced courses until the subscription expiration date.
How do I request hands-on lab access?
Premium University or Multi-user subscribers have access to labs for up to 32 hours/month. To request a lab, log in to AppDynamics University and enroll in the course “On-Demand Lab Environment”. University will send an email request for your lab environment to the AppDynamics Education team.
Once your lab has been set up, you will receive an email from email@example.com with your lab details and login instructions.
How do I schedule private instructor-led training? How do I use training units?
See Private Instructor-Led Training and Training Units.
If I finish a course, can I take it again?
Yes. You can enroll in self-paced courses as many times as you’d like. If you have an AppDynamics Premium University or Multi-user subscription, you can enroll in public instructor-led courses as often as you need.
What if I encounter issues while navigating University?
If you have any issues accessing the courses you need, email firstname.lastname@example.org.